Friday, March 25, 2011

Funeral Card Friday - Catherine C. (Porter) Vogelsang



Catherine C. (Porter) Vogelsang was my father's sister. She was the youngest of a family of two boys and four girls. Unlike her siblings, who were born in Mount Vernon, Knox, Ohio, she was born in Saganaw, Saganaw, Michigan. I have never heard why she was not born in Mount Vernon, for as far as I know that is the only place the Porter family lived during that time period. Catherine married first Robert Garrad. From this union Three children were born. She married second Howard "Buck" Lewis Vogelsang. Uncle Buck adopted the three children from her previous marriage. Aunt Catherine and Uncle Buck had one son together.

My family often visited Aunt Catherine and Uncle Buck when I was growing up in Columbus, Ohio. I remember them both as good, loving people. I know that my Mom was especially fond of Catherine.

I've been told that Catherine met Buck through my father. I think that both Dad and Buck worked at the same place and became friends. After Catherine's divorce from Robert, Dad introduced his sister to Buck. According to their daughter it was a very good match, and from I remember of the two I have to agree.

Catherine's funeral took place on 3 Jun 1988 at Christ the King Catholic Church in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment